knotworknits

April 03, 2008

Ruffles!

The Spiral Scarf has been finished for some days:



Pattern: Spiral Scarf
Materials: Wolle Rödel Formosa, colour 9425 (grey), 3 skeins
Tools: 10 mm circular knitting needle, 80 cm long
Modifications: cast on 110 stitches instead of 100

I am so glad I took the time to rip my first attempt and start over with a different yarn and larger needles! I am not really the type for too many ruffles on my clothes, but I actually enjoy wearing this a lot. It is very soft and cozy -- just right for this crazy April weather -- and adds just a tiny bit of sparkle to my otherwise mostly straightforward and classic wardrobe.


Both the yarn and the pattern were great practice for a tight knitter like me -- pull the stitches a bit too tight and you get into real trouble... especially once you have more than a thousand stitches on your needles! I only had a standard 80 cm long circular needle, so for the last two rows it was really hard to find room for all the stitches. (I actually did buy a 100 cm long needle especially for this project, but the only one I could get was a cheap plastic one and I hated knitting with it so much I switched back to my beloved Addis almost immediately. Cramming my stitches seemed by far the more comfortable alternative!) -- The most fun part about this pattern? Casting off and beginning to see the ruffles develop!

When I was eating pasta the other night I suddenly had this strong feeling of déjà vu...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< home