knotworknits

February 18, 2008

FO No. 2

I've been crocheting flowers again...



This pattern is quite addictive, and so much fun to crochet! This time, I made a scarf for myself. Here it is in its full glory:


Love it! Love the colours! Love how the colours pop on a black background. It's been finished for a week and I've worn it almost every day since then. I even got enthusiastic compliments when I walked into a yarn shop last week, which made me extremely happy! Sorry if this sounds like I'm bragging, but that is just something that has never happened to me before...

Pattern: my own, inspired by store-bought scarves I'd seen, and very similar in construction to the Pretty Pretty Flower Scarf
Materials: Wolle Rödel Soft Merino, about half a ball for each string of flowers
Tools: crochet hook 5 mm

Anyway, enough crochet flowers for now and back to knitting. Here is a preview of my current WIP:


I am quite obsessed with all kinds of scarves at the moment, not just because it's been so cold for so long now. I simply don't have the time or energy for large knitting projects like sweaters or cardigans right now, so for the time being I have settled for smaller objects. At least this way I can hope to actually finish something! It's also a great way to use up all those odd balls of yarn that have been lying around for years...

7 Comments:

At 04:39, Anonymous Tammy said...

That is a gorgeous scarf, you *should* be proud!!! Any chance you will be posting a pattern? I'm not creative enough to modify it myself :)

 
At 08:03, Blogger Jen Da Purse Ho said...

i LOVE this scarf! how did you join all the strips together?

 
At 13:44, Blogger Birgit said...

Thanks a lot for the compliments!

I don't really feel I have the right to post the pattern though, since it's not my original design. But if you check out the pattern for the "Pretty Pretty Flower Scarf" and look at my pictures, I am sure you will be able to work it out, it's really easy! The strips are simply joined together with slip stitches.

 
At 16:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty poetic scarf. My daughter referred me to this pattern, I think she's making hints. I love how all the blues harmonize. Did you do the slip stitches as you were making it up? I am guessing so. Really pretty and not intimidating. At my age I appreciate the not-intimidating bit, LOLOL!
Tinsel C.

 
At 20:32, Blogger Birgit said...

Tinsel, yes, I joined the strands to the already finished ones as I was going along. No sewing involved at all, except weaving in the ends. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions! I love the different shades of blue as well, but I am also thinking this would look gorgeous made in a single colour. I might just make myself another one in black... -- Do send me a picture if you make one for your daughter, I'd love to see what you come up with!

 
At 14:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is the most beautiful scarf ever. I am desperately wanting to make one. Ive figured out how to make the individual strips (no problem) thanks to the link provided. But cannot figure out how
to join them together. Please please help me. shelli_goodwin@yahoo.com

 
At 23:03, Blogger Birgit said...

Thanks, glad you like it! You can join the strips with a slip stitch on the "way back" on the individual strips. Make one strip first, then on the return row of the second (and all following) strip(s), connect to the already finished strip(s). -- Hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< home