knotworknits

August 20, 2007

Sign Of The Times

This weekend I was sitting in my garden being very lazy and enjoying the sun, a drink and a good book, when all of a sudden I noticed this little fellow who had quietly settled on the pillow beside me:


There's no denying it -- autumn is on its way! All the more reason to hurry up with my knitting so I will have something new to wear when it gets cold... I have made rapid progress on my Aran in the days after casting on, but then I slowed down and now I haven't knit a single stitch in about two weeks or so. The back is finished right up to the point where I have to decrease for the armholes, and while I was preparing to cast off the first couple of stitches I suddenly thought this sweater might actually look very nice with raglan sleeves instead of regular set-in sleeves. Only I have never before planned raglan sleeves, and I'm not so sure the decreases will go well with the cable patterns and the seed stitch... Oh well, I guess I will just have to give it a try and be prepared to rip if I don't like it! Not knitting at all just because I can't make up my mind is definitely NOT a good idea...

This is what I have accomplished so far:


So what is that dark thread doing in the middle of my knitting...? It's the outline of the V-neck I will knit on the front piece! About halfway through the back I made a paper pattern of the neckline and stitched the outline onto my knitting, so now all I have to do is count the stitches to figure out where to do the decreases.

And here's a detail of the ribbing continuing into the cables:


I have now cast on for the front piece so I can postpone the decision about the sleeves a while longer ...

2 Comments:

At 14:19, Anonymous heidi said...

It's coming along really beautifully!

 
At 19:30, Blogger Birgit said...

Thanks! I've been really lazy though, not much progress on the Aran lately...

 

Post a Comment

<< home