knotworknits

January 01, 2007

Knitting Resolutions

Welcome 2007... -- I can't believe there's another year gone. A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! May all your hopes and dreams for this year come true...

Somehow, the first day of the new year always seems to be a good day to review the past year and think about what you want to change in the year to come. I am no exception... -- As far as my knitting is concerned, I am not very happy with what I have achieved in 2006 and feel I need to make some serious changes!

Here are my knitting goals for 2007:

Knit more
No more sitting idly in front of the TV because I'm too lazy to get up and fetch my knitting -- even if it's just for 10 minutes watching the news! I'm always complaining how little time I have for knitting, but I guess it's just a matter of getting organized better. I'm also determined to stop spending so much of my precious time on the internet -- it's fun and great inspiration to read all those craft blogs out there, but it's a real time killer. Just think how much knitting I could get done instead!

Reduce stash
Do I need to say much about this...? I won't join any "Knit from your stash" KALs or set myself any strict rules since I'm not much of a person to follow rules anyway. It should be enough to know how bad I feel about all the yarn I have stored under my bed -- it's really beginning to bother me!!! Besides, there is some very beautiful yarn in those boxes and what good is it to me stored away and out of sight?! Knitting something nice for myself out of those yarns should be all the encouragement I need. I am not saying I won't buy any more yarn at all, but there will definitely be no more impulsive stash additions this year!

Sort out my book shelves
Same problem as the stash problem... Over the last years, I bought just too many knitting books and magazines through eBay and Amazon -- they all sounded so tempting, but to be honest I was rather disappointed with what I got more than once. Now my shelves are overflowing, and I am desperate to make some space. So some time soon I will spend a day or two going through all my books and keep only those I really treasure. Those will be more than enough to keep me supplied with knitting ideas for the rest of my life anyway!

Well, none of this sounds too difficult to achieve, but I know it will be a real challenge for me. I will keep you updated on my progress...

1 Comments:

At 19:09, Blogger Krawuggl said...

Da kann ich dir in jedem Punkt nur zustimmen. Vor allem was das Internet betrifft, das hab ich zum Glück schon stark eingeschränkt und werd es noch ein bißchen tun (diesmal vor allem das stundenlange Starren auf Wollknäuel in den diversen ebay-shops) und was das Verbrauchen der vorhandenen Wolle angeht. So arg viel hab ich eigentlich gar nicht, aber ich kauf manchmal lieber neue, anstatt eine vorhandene zu verbrauchen, aus lauter Angst für die wunderschöne Rowanwolle das falsche Modell zu wählen. Als gäb es später keine Wolle mehr. Jetzt hab ich mir eine Schale gemacht, da liegt von jeder Wolle ein Knäuel drin. Damit ich, wenn ich wieder mal Hefte durchblättere, gleich an das vorhandene Garn denke und es auch mal verstricke. Das klappt bis jetzt ganz gut, für fast jede hab ich schon was Schönes gefunden. Jetzt muß nur noch gestrickt werden.
Bin schon gespannt auf deine Erfahrungen.
Liebe Grüße,
Suzi

 

Post a Comment

<< home